There appears to be a new surge of coronavirus cases in South Korea and it is hitting the entertainment industry hard. Therefore, many large broadcasting companies are taking new measures to help keep their actors and staff safe.
jTBC released an official statement to Sports Chosun announcing that they have ordered a complete halt on all dramas currently filming. They do not know yet how soon they will resume filming. They are monitoring the situation closely and will start shooting again once the situation calms down.
So far six upcoming jTBC dramas are affected:
- 18 Again, starring Kim Hae Neul, Yoon Sang Hyun
- More Than Friends, starring Ong Seung Wu, Shin Ye Eun
- Private Lives, starring Seo Hyun, Go Kyung Pyo
- Run On, starring Im Shi Wan, Shin Se Kyung
- Live On, starring Hwang Min Hyun, Jung Da Bin
- All of Us Are Dead, starring Yoon Chan Young
tvN is also halting all production of some of its dramas. A representative told Sports Chosun that they will stop filming “Day and Night” until august 25th. They will resume after that.
As for Suzy and Nam Joo Hyuk’s upcoming drama “Start Up” (tentative title), it is also suspended until further notice. There is no concrete information yet about when the drama will start filming again since Huh Dong Won tested positive and Seo Yi Sook tested negative.
We will keep you all updated as more news follow.